Pet Friendly, Downtown Portland Hotel
Mark Spencer Hotel Petiquette
We are delighted to be providing accommodations for you and your traveling companion. In order to provide this special service, we would like to remind you of the hotel’s pet etiquette outlined below. We will provide our Pet Agreement for your approval at check-in.
- We ask that you do you not leave your pet unattended in your room when you are away from the hotel. If you leave your pet unattended and it creates a disturbance for another guest, you will be charged the necessary compensation required to appease the guest disturbed (which could be up to a full night room and tax charge per night).
- We ask that pets that stay with us are not aggressive towards other pets & guests.
- For the safety and comfort of all, please keep your pet properly leashed whenever in the lobby, halls or other common areas of the hotel.
- All pets staying overnight require registration at the hotel. Please check with the Front Desk so we can welcome your pet. A daily pet fee will be charged to your room.
- A water dish has been placed in your room for your pet to enjoy during his/her stay. Food dishes are available at the Front Desk if needed. Please refrain from using the china for your pet. Furniture covers are available at no charge. We encourage their use to protect furniture from harm (and to protect you from additional cleaning fees.)
- Accidents do happen! Please let us know as soon as possible so we may avoid a long term memory. Any damage to the room caused by your pet may result in additional charges.
- Please provide an appropriate litter box or walk your pet. Please remember to scoop up after your pet, and tightly bag and dispose of all pet waste appropriately.
- Please be aware that your pet must be confined to a kennel or properly leashed during periods when hotel staff is scheduled to visit the room for cleaning or maintenance. Otherwise, your room may not be serviced.
- A weekly pet fee applies to help us defer the cost of sanitizing your room for future guests. Additional charges will be assessed if damages occur to the room.
- We are a pet friendly city. Please treat your guestroom, other guests and hotel property with the same care as you would your home. Waste bags are available at the desk.
- Information on walking routes, pet service providers and 24-hour emergency veterinary care is provided in this package. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you or your pet to make your visit with us more enjoyable.
Once again, thank you for choosing The Mark Spencer Hotel. We hope you and your pet enjoy your stay!